Camp Kirk is seeking an individual who is capable of inspiring the love of music in our camp community. The main role of the Camp Musician is to lead the camp via music during key points in the day such as morning reflection, after dinner sing-song and ‘closing circle’. This individual will also support campers and staff who wish to develop their musical abilities.
The Camp Musician will be required to fulfil another role on staff. A common role that the Camp Musician has taken on is Support Staff (providing support to campers and cabin group who require additional attention). However, we are open to the Camp Musician filling other roles if they hold an interest or skills in a particular program area i.e. Drama, Ecology, Pottery etc.
- 19 years of age by June 19th
- Strong guitar and singing ability is mandatory
- Strong facilitation skills. Comfortable playing in front of large groups
- Previous experience working with children is necessary
- Previous experience working with individuals with special needs is an asset
- CPR and Standard First Aid certification.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: