The swim instructor is responsible for overseeing all matters concerning the Camp Kirk swim program and pool.
The following outlines the main job duties of the Head Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor:
- Swim Program: Planning and facilitating a fun and engaging recreational swim program that meets the needs of individual campers, as well the whole group.
- Lifeguarding: Daily lifeguarding duties, as well as supervising and overseeing the team of lifeguards that guard the pool during ‘free swims’.
- Pool Maintenance: Conducting daily maintenance to ensure that that the pool is in a healthy and safe state to swim in [training provided]
- 19 years of age by June 19th
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS) certification
- Current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Previous experience with pool maintenance an asset, but not required
- Previous experience working with children is neccessary. Previous expierence working with inidividuals with exceptionalities is an asset.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Erica Coutts, Directorerica@campkirk.com