Camp Kirk is a small overnight camp for children who have Learning Disabilities, AD/HD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and/or other types of exceptionalities. We strive to build resilience in our campers and raise self-esteem by providing a supportive, nurturing, and non-competitive environment.
The Canoe Trip Leader will be responsible for planning and leading overnight canoe trips for groups of children and staff. This individual will also be required to facilitate a Camp Craft program that teaches outdoor and camping skills.
In addition to their program areas, all program staff are involved with the planning and facilitation of all-camp activities in the evening. When available, program staff are assigned to provide extra support to either individual campers or cabin groups who require it.
The dates of employment run from June 19th until August 25th. All staff members reside at camp and Room and Board is provided over and above the salary.
- Must be 19 years old by June 19th
- Strong canoe tripping skills.
- Previous experience leading a canoe trip
- Minimum Bronze Cross certification, First Aid, and CPR(C)
- Previous experience working with children
- Previous experience working with individuals with exceptionalities is an asset
- A current Criminal Record Check
- Wilderness First Aid and Bronze Cross certifications are required for the job. However, Camp Kirk is willing to pay course fees if the applicant does not currently hold these certifications.
TO APPLY, EMAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Erica Coutts, Camp Director